As technology has advanced over the years, the dental field has advanced with it. With the rise in advanced equipment, dentists have been able to provide digital x-rays, perform oral cancer screenings, and offer ultrasonic cleanings.
At Austell Dental Associates, our skilled Austell dentists provide all of these services and more. We pride ourselves on using state-of-the-art technology to stay ahead in the dental field and offer the best possible care to our patients. One of the ways we do this is through intraoral dental cameras, an exciting innovation sweeping oral hygiene practices across the country.
What Are Dental Intraoral Cameras?
Dental intraoral cameras are hand-held recording devices, roughly the size of a toothbrush, that scan patients’ mouths for potential issues. These cameras transfer high-resolution 3D images, which dentists can analyze on monitors and save in patients’ files. Although this technology has existed for a few years, it has now started to take a hold in dental practices across the country, largely being recognized as more accurate than classic dental mirrors. In fact, the market for intraoral cameras is expected to explode in the next decade, making them the norm by 2025.
At Austell Dental Associates, we are proud to offer intraoral camera services to all of our patients. Come in for an intraoral examination today and see for yourself how we can enhance images of your teeth up to 40 times larger than ever before.
What Intraoral Cameras Can Do for You
Intraoral cameras benefit dental patients in a number of ways, including:
- Quicker Diagnoses: With intraoral cameras, dentists can analyze footage in real-time, keeping you up to date on any decay and other problems as they are found.
- Faster Treatments: With the speed of examination intraoral cameras allows for, dentists can start treating issues sooner, thereby improving the chances for success.
- More Comprehensive Records: In recording patients’ teeth more accurately, intraoral cameras help dentists construct a comprehensive picture of a person’s oral health overtime. While it wasn’t that long ago that dentists had to analyze a patient’s dental health by comparing notes, now they have visual aids that can be complied and examined over multiple years.
- Better Insurance Claims: Many insurance companies still require a considerable amount of documentation before approving procedures. With intraoral cameras, dentists can use the high-resolution images they’ve taken to better support claims, offering tangible proof to insurance providers so they act in support of the policyholder.
- Less Money Overtime: By identifying problems before they get out of hand, a good dentist will be able to save you thousands of dollars on dental work in the future. And remember, tooth decay and gum disease don’t just affect your mouth. They also contribute to stroke, diabetes, heart disease, and respiratory infections, meaning the use of intraoral cameras could potentially save you money on a litany of medical costs (not to mention saving you from several deadly conditions).
Benefit from Intraoral Camera Technology at Austell Dental Associates
The use of dental intraoral cameras is just one of the many ways we provide premium services at Austell Dental Associates. Whether you are looking for cleaning and prevention or cosmetic dentistry, our patients all receive personalized and effective care. Just look at our many 5-star reviews for a sampling of the happy people we’ve helped in the past. At Austell Dental Services, our mission is to make you happy with your smile, no matter what it takes.
Call now, at (770) 467-3888 or contact us online to schedule service with our trusted family dentists.